Monday, January 2, 2012

Rosie's Ramblings #2 Happy New Year.

I am my mother. I never thought that I would be proud to say that, but I am. Here's the thing, my mom was smart. My mom knew more than we gave her credit for, and we should have listened to her more. Now, I know this is the way it always goes, in life the one we find annoying and who makes us crazy becomes this saint who could do no wrong, when gone. That's not quite the case here. I still can recall my mother's every flaw, but now I do realize that I was often wrong in my feelings and my reactions to her. She may have been flawed, but she was not wrong as often as I told myself she was. My mom could definitely make me mad, but I should have been more patient, I should have been kinder. If she were here today would she get on my last nerve? Yes, I suppose she would. Would I resent having to spend time with her because she wanted to be with me? Yes, I suppose I would. It isn't until the person isn't here to get on your last nerve that you are so sorry you didn't always appreciate them or take the time to just enjoy being with them. I am my mother. Happy New Year and may this be the year that you find out who you are.
Rosemary

No comments:

Post a Comment