Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Communication

It isn't that there hasn't been fabulous things to question and write about, I have just been away.  I spent a little more than a week without the need or desire to check e-mail, look at facebook, or post a blog.  I can't tell you how relaxing it was to not need to be connected in any way to unseen faces.  Why do we communicate this way?  I know that it is quicker, easier, and less risky to chat, opine, and do business via the internet but I believe we are losing the ability to really, really communicate.  I am just thinking out loud and rambling on a bit as I love the internet, but I do fear its grasp.  Anyway, communication, it is an art, an ability and I do believe that society as a whole suffers from the lack of real communication in part due to the internet.  Talking in person does not occur as often as it did in the past because we don't need to be face to face; even hearing each others' voices as we communicate is not as prevalent as it once was as talking on the phone has been replaced with texting!  As the world turns, right?  I get it, but I don't necessarily think it is for the best.
Rosemary

No comments:

Post a Comment