Saturday, August 7, 2010

Just irritated

This will be short.  Just now as I was leaving an area store that is accessed by an interior road that leads to other stores, I heard a loud and incessant car horn.  My gaze was on the ground as I walked to my car, but the honking made me lift my head toward the sound.  I saw a car, the mad, honking one, going way too fast down this interior road, and another car crossing over the road headed into the parking lot.  There are no stop or yield signs, yet it is common knowledge that the interior road has the right of way, however, it is not a thoroughfare but part of the retail development (in other words, the parking area).  The car crossing over into the parking lot did indeed have time to cross, but the mad driver going way too fast didn't want to have to slow down at all and I guess felt put out that he would be expected to do so in a busy retail area with many adjacent parking lots!  To me this is just another example of supreme selfishness, and I don't get it.  This is what I would like to say to the driver who felt it so necessary to lay on his horn, even after the other car had crossed; We all have somewhere to be, we all have somewhere to go, look around, there are many on the road, you are not alone damn it, so SLOW DOWN and let us all get safely to where we need to be.  Thank you.
Rosemary
PS  Couldn't post this yesterday as I was interrupted, this will be explained in a later blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment