Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Commercials and other things.


I have been meaning to ask about the Healthy Choice  commercial with Julia Louise-Dreyfus. She takes a frozen dinner out of her freezer and in a deadpan voice, as if reading from a script, touts its laurels. Her friend, Jane Lynch, (movie actress also), says something about Julia sounding like a spokesperson, to which Julia replies she has been asked to be the spokesperson. So Jane says "You're not going to are you?" and Julia says something like no, I really shouldn't. Then Jane asks if the company is going to pay her and Julia lets it be known that it could be a lucrative gig, so Jane says she should do it and Julia agrees. Now, I am going to go out and buy a product that the spokesperson has just told me that she is speaking highly about it because she is being paid big bucks to do it? No, I don't think so, and I don't get how a bunch of advertising people sat around and tossed this idea about and said "Wow, this will sell our product!"  Since this is longer than I intended, I will save the other things until tomorrow or the next day. It has become obvious that I am not blogging everyday. I am writing everyday, however, just not here. Take care, have a good night, and don't believe everything you see on TV.  Oh and I had put a  picture here, and it was here, but now it's not; don't get it!
Rosemary

2 comments:

  1. I saw this commercial and thought the same thing. Although if I had to eat a frozen meal, Healthy Choice would be my pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, glad you stopped by. This we agree on, good thing!

    ReplyDelete