Monday, October 25, 2010

Since it is Halloween time I thought I would post a very scary thought, courtesy of Todd Spencer of the Detroit Free Press.  "Every Republican running has campaigned against the Democrat's health care bill and promised to repeal it.  But with the Senate likely to remain in Democratic hands, that's not really an option.  A GOP House would try to pass budgets starving the funding and personnel needed to put the measures in place."  Why?  So the failure can be blamed on President Obama and the Democrats and that won't be the case at all, however, it will go down in history that way, and that is mighty scary because it won't be the truth.  What has happened to that?  The truth I mean.  We have become so immersed in the political game that we don't know what the truth is anymore, let alone who speaks it.  You know what is even scarier?  When we hear the truth, we simply refuse to believe it.  Please do not respond with specifics of the health care bill, I am sure there are pieces of it that need tweaking, so why not tweak as opposed to dumping a well meaning initiative?  My point is not the health care bill, my point is that I believe we live in a very scary time because there are two distinct parties and one land, and any way I look at that, it's frightening.  Yes, there are two sides to every story, but the two side should be working towards the same ending, our sides our not.  They both want to win and the truth of that is we are all going to lose. 
Rosemary

2 comments: