Saturday, November 13, 2010

I Don't Know What God Thinks

I don't know what God thinks.  I know people who think they know what God thinks.  I am a Catholic, and therefore I am supposed to know what God thinks, but I don't.  I believe in God, I believe in Jesus, and I believe in the Holy Spirit.  I believe in the Holy Trinity.  I have been taught many things, but I don't know what God thinks.  I am not sure why abortion is such a political siren.  When did it become a platform for getting into office and why would anyone vote for candidates based solely on their views on abortion?  God thinks about a lot, I think.  I think that God wants us to care about the unborn, as well as the homeless, the unemployed, the hungry, the abused, the rich, the famous, the heathens and the believers.  I think that God wants us to think.  For those who want to repeal Roe vs Wade, you might think that it will only affect women and their right to have an abortion.  I am afraid, if repealed, it will affect a woman's right to make a personal decision regarding her health.  Just so you know, I can't imagine ending a pregnancy voluntarily, or advising someone I love to do that, but neither have I ever had to be a part of that decision.  I believe the more we talk about abortion in the political arena the more those who don't value life, at any stage, feel vindicated to eradicate it at any stage.  I truly believe that if  abortion was left out of the political fire, there would be less of them because no one would be saying, "But it's my right."  When there is all this fighting over just this one issue, and so much wrong with our world, I truly wonder what God is thinking.
Rosemary

2 comments:

  1. If we knew what God thought we would be God. Anyway here is what Oscar Wilde thought "I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability".

    ReplyDelete