Thursday, November 4, 2010

What is the hardest thing you've ever done?  Guess what?  There's something harder.  I really don't know what else I want to say about this because I can't begin to know how hard life can truly be.  Sometimes my life is not all I want it to be, but it isn't hard.  Sometimes my life is unhappy, but it isn't hard.  Sometimes my life just really sucks, but it isn't hard.  Hard means difficult to endure; it also means, cruel, oppressive and unjust.  That's hard isn't it?  What am I going through that is difficult to endure?  Nothing.  What am I going through that is cruel, oppressive or unjust?  Nothing.  My life is not hard.  I do know how hard life is for others though, and I see how they rise beyond the expectations of even themselves.  I believe in the adage that God does not give you anything that you can't handle, I believe it so much I have said, "God, I am not that strong."  I am weak and afraid.  I don't want to be given the opportunity to be strong.  So when I see those who are given more than I could handle, and they are handling it with grace, I am shamed.  If you love someone who is enduring something hard, I hope you will reach out to them because having the support of those you love when you are living with something that is cruel and unjust, just might get you through another day. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't think there's any hierarchy of pain or oppression or depression. But, (and I include myself) we humans sometimes behave as such. When you're hit quite hard by life (even it's for a day or a week), it means so much to have someone be there to support you. I feel really grateful that I have people in my life who care. And, I don't think I could manage without that. But, you're right in that some people are so strong and resilient in the face of such devastation and with an absence of support.

    But, you should know, Aunt Rosemary, that you are a support to people you love. That is much appreciated. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kath. I always love your responses.

    ReplyDelete