Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Reflection

With the end of the year fast approaching, I have begun to look back to the beginnings of this blog of mine.  I believe it started off a bit lighter, there was more humor or a pretense of naivete to it.  Did I get more serious or did the world in which I live become more serious?  It was also a bit more personal, I think, in that my voice was on a more personal level.  I started my blog because I love to write, I wanted to have a way to express my opinion, and I wanted others to read what I wrote, all good reasons.  I am not sure what is has morphed to.  Do I want my blog to become a political rant?  Do I want to just emote?  Am I looking for a soapbox, or am I just wanting to have others respond to real questions I have about this world we inhabit?  I do know that the blog will continue because it brings me joy!  I truly love when people comment, especially when they disagree, because it allows me to step back, think, and then defend my original opinion or alter my view, and that is a very good thing for all of us to do.  Of course I also love affirmation!  So I am going to keep writing and I hope you will keep reading.  If you are someone who reads, thinks, and  then doesn't comment, please consider letting your views be known.  It is not difficult to be able to comment, and I love responding to the comments!  A real dialogue is what I am after.  So I will write, you will read, some of you will comment, I will respond, we will go back and forth, and we will grow.  Isn't that great?  I think I get it.
Rosemary

No comments:

Post a Comment