Friday, January 21, 2011

Grandchildren

Okay, I am so in love with my grandchildren.  McKenzie at three is just the brightest, most adorable little girl.  Braden is gorgeous, and every bit as smart as McKenzie in a sly sort of way.  I live for them.  I remember when I first held Kenzie in my arms on the day she was born, I simply fell in love again.  When Braden was given to me to hold, well, falling in love is a beautiful thing!  It is just so natural to be around them, to talk to them, to play and laugh and dance with them.  And they are so good!  They laugh and run and pretend and remember and love me back.  Well, Braden didn't for a while, he actually didn't want me around.  We figured it was because I am the one who stays over when Joe and Heather get a chance to get away, and Braden loves his mommy and daddy!   John, who babysits twice a week, is the King and one of their favorite things, but Braden would see me and think "hey mommy and daddy are going away!"  But, we have turned a corner!  I am now accepted, loved and hugged by my grandson!  There are so many things going on right now that worry me, make me sad, and upset me, but I have these wonderful beings in my life to bring me joy.  I can't thank God enough for them, and I know why they are here; they are pure, they are innocent, and they are love.  Grandchildren are here to remind us that God knows what he is doing, we are the ones who mess things up!  So goodnight to my loves and goodnight to you. 
Rosemary

No comments:

Post a Comment